No doubt Dosa is favourite dish in South India , Especially Rava dosa is one of the dish often people love to have in weekends, We always need to hang up in weekends and find various Restaurants, Even in dreams we think of Dosa to have in weekends after hectic work during weekdays. So here it goes now don’t need to wait for someone to serve you …or find out hotels for Dosa.
I am sharing step by step recipe with a detailed pictures to prepare an instant rava dosa can make easily at home.
In a bowl add semolina/ rava, rice flour and all purpose flour.
Add chopped onions, chopped curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and green chillies and cumin.
Add salt, baking soda and pour 1 cup of water to make a dilute batter.
Heat Tawa pour the thin batter from the sides and spread all over the Tawa.
Smear oil all over the dosa and also at the corner of the dosa.
Flip dosa on the other sides.Cook well until it turns crisp brown.
Fold dosa.Serve hot with your favourite chutney.
- 1/2 cup unroasted rava( suji or semolina)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 green chillies
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Chopped curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Oil/ Ghee/ butter for frying dosa
- In a bowl add semolina/rava, rice flour, all purpose flour.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Add salt , baking soda and water. Mix well to get a thin batter.
- Heat griddle or Tawa pour the batter from the sides and spread all over the Tawa.
- Smear oil on all sides. Flip dosa to the other sides and cook until it turns crisp golden brown.
- Fold rava dosa and serve hot with your favourite chutney.
- The more thin the dosa is, better it appears visually and also taste crisp and delicious.
- Do not take the dosa out with until it’s cooked at the bottom sides.
- Try to drop the batter all over the Tawa make sure it’s cooked well at the bottom sides.
- Do not spread dosa from the centre like other dosa. Since it’s batter is in thin consistency spread from the sides.